Friday, December 17, 2010

(UN)interesting facts about myself #003

Another Friday is upon us and I have a lot planned for today, including going along with Chris' family to see Santa. My nieces and nephews have visited Santa at the MOA every year, ever since they were born, to give him their list in person. Then, of course, Santa comes to their house on the night of Christmas Eve. Very exciting!

This list relates some concerts I have ever been to (in the US), when I was younger and had lesser debts and used to go see live performances all the time. Now, not so much, even though I have U2 tickets for the upcoming year, here in Minneapolis. Looking forward to that!

This list is kind of in order of preference, but I wouldn't swear by it. Too many too good to pick favorites!
  1. Smashing Pumpkins - Virgin Festival, Baltimore MD 2007 / St. Paul MN 2007 (click for pics)
  2. Radiohead - Dallas TX 2008 (pics on Orkut)
  3. Muse - New York NY 2007 (no pics, sorry!)
  4. Coldplay - Milwaukee WI 2006 / St. Paul 2008 (click for pics)
  5. Alanis Morisette - Minneapolis 2008 (pics on Orkut)
  6. Incubus - Virgin Festival, Baltimore MD 2007 (pics with my brother!)
  7. Beastie Boys - Virgin Festival, Baltimore MD 2007 (he has these too)
  8. Mickey Avalon - Minneapolis MN 2007 (and these)
  9. Oasis - Minneapolis 2008 (pics on Orkut)
  10. Cage the Elephant - Minneapolis 2010 (pics and concert suck!)
Thom York for Radiohead - Dallas 2008
I should have all these pictures organized. I'll work on that and update this post. For now you can only see very few, sorry!

Smashing Pumpkins and Radiohead were dreams come true to me and I will slap tickets on my credit card without thinking twice to see them live anywhere I can get my feet to. They're amazing bands, specially live.

Muse has also surprised me immensely, considering I liked their music but wasn't a fan until I saw them blow up the Madison Square Garden in NY. It was an unbelievable experience. Go see them if you can!

On the down side, Oasis was actually boring, and I have liked their music for a long time now. I surely expected more of guys that look (and sound) so full of themselves.

But, by far, the most disappointing was Cage the Elephant, this year. The CD is great and I never took it off my car. Live, they loose focus, sound noisy and uncoordinated. I wish I could get my money back...

Now I look forward to U2 and hope some others come this way (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, Staind and the list goes on...)

What about you? What's your favorite concert? Any bands you wish would come your way?

5 comments:

  1. Dave Matthews Band!
    Queria muito assistir a vários shows seguidos deles por aí. Como eles só voltam em 2012, ficam aí meus planos pra te visitar! rs

    Beijos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, tambem gostaria de ve-los ao vivo! Fica combinado de irmos juntas, entao! Beijos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tu já viu muitos shows legais, amiga. Para mim, o melhor desse ano foi o de Lady Gaga que vi em Paris, mas o ano que vem promete. Iremos ver U2, Muse e Amy Winehouse. Também quero ver Red Hot no Rock in Rio.
    A saber..
    :*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faltou dizer que quero ver Cake! Amo Cake! Muse eu achei muito massa! Tem um cd ao vivo que e quase parecido com estar em um show. Vale a pena. Instiga a pessoa, sabe como e!? Hahahah! Beijos!

    ReplyDelete